Monday, November 17, 2008

Organization: An Open Letter

Dear unauthorized viewer of my DVDs,

Despite the fact that I don't know who you are, you are welcome to watch my movies, but please put them away properly. My movie collection, which I keep alphabetically by title, is one of the only organized areas of my life, and I need it for my sanity. For your reference the alphabet is ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. This means that The Sum of All Fears does not belong between Bride and Prejudice and Bridge to Tarabithia, nor should Legally Blond be between Hook and Hotel Rwanda, as I found them this afternoon. If you would prefer to use the Greek alphabet, alphabetization by director, chronoligical release date, or some other organizational system, please discuss your ideas with me and I will reevaluate my current practices. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Anna

3 comments:

dj4aces said...

What about an organization scheme that revolves around the second letter of the first name of the starring actress?

;)

Seriously though, I understand, because I hate when people screw up my organizations, too. I don't have many, so the ones I do have are to be cherished and preserved!

FamiLee said...

Did I mention that even when you write about nothing, it is very entertaining!

More Bacon said...

I'm with you on that--if you're going to use other people's stuff, at least don't mess with the system!!